How to Get More Online Reviews for Your Business
Online reviews for your business are extremely important. According to Moz, 67% of consumers are influenced by online reviews. Google has taken notice of this, and they have ranked review sites at the top of their search results.
This means that whenever someone searches for your business, reviews are usually at the top of the search results pages.
Since most people never browse past the first page of results, reviews are what they tend to click on the most.
Millions of people have used these sites to leave reviews, and even more, have used them to influence a purchase.
Request a Free Consultation
Importance of Sending An Email Campaign
In this digital age as business owners, you have a plethora of review generation tools at your disposal.
Generating customer reviews is no easy feat, however, by implementing a few minor tweaks on your current review efforts you can start to see more positive reviews about your company online.
When it comes to generating more positive online reviews for your business there are some things you should keep in mind.
Below is a shortlist of must follow while working to obtain more customer feedback online. These tactics are the same whether you were a small business or a large corporation.
- Make sure you obtain consent prior to requesting a review. Cold requests rarely work.
- Request an online review when the client is most happy/satisfied with your service.
- Do not demand a review, make it appear as if the customer is doing you a favor.
- Inform the potential reviewer of the steps and timeframe it will take to leave a review.
- Inform the reviewer of the great benefits a positive review has on your business.
- Ask the customer for their email, so if they are unable to leave a review now, you can ask them in the future.
- Get personal, let the customer know how much a review from them would mean to you.
- Incentivize the individual with a discount (last-ditch effort)
- Let them know you are going to follow up with them once you see their review.
Within a few hours, you should have a good sense of the number of engaged customers you have. You will be able to get a rough headcount of how many reviews may be posted online in the near future.
Make sure you reach out right away when you notice a new review was left about your business online.
How To Thank a Customer For a Positive Review:
- Send them a “Thank You” Email
- Call them for a more personal approach
- Comment on the review they posted saying how grateful you are.
- Mail them a personalized card from your CEO thanking them for their business.
If you call your customer IMMEDIATELY after they write their review, this is the exact same time they will receive your coupon or flyer with a request to share it with their friends. It will dramatically increase their chances of sharing it.
Excellent Customer Service
Thriving businesses manage to render a high level of customer service. This results in greater levels of customer satisfaction.
The possible advantages of presenting a high level of customer service include but is not limited to the following.:
Revenue Increase: Happy customers are more likely to purchase additional solutions if they had a positive experience.
Commitment to Customer Retention: Satisfied customers bring repeated business. Increasing “residual” income or extending the lifetime value of your average customer.
Improve Online Reputation: This is your safety net, protecting your from negative information online while still providing exemplary customer service.
Positive Working Environment: As your employees see all your happy customers it will motivate them to work harder.
If you have not noticed at this point, obtaining a positive rating online will grant you privileged many businesses lack.
If your customers are satisfied, there is less leg work for you to do. It is a snowball effect, treat your customers right and everything else falls into place.
Word-of-mouth marketing if real and it is the best form because IT IS FREE! Satisfied customers will tell their family and friends about your business. This leads to an increase in new business, retained consumers and increased your revenue tenfold.
Obtaining a positive online reputation on its own will grant you a leg up on your competition. Think about it, if you were a consumer would you work with a company with negative reviews? Probably not.
Trusted Social Proof
Social proof in the context is marketing is proof that other individuals have engaged in your business. Not only that, but these customers had a positive experience while doing so.
Social proofing is the science of promoting your past customer successes with the goal of drawing in more new business while you are showcasing your former success accounts. Social proof is a means of improving new business by telling other potential customers how others can benefit from your business just like your previous customers did.
When it comes to working online, social proof can take many shapes as incorporating customer recommendations & feedback, client lists, and quantifiable information (“Over 10,00 happy clients and counting!”).
All of these diverse methods will help your business to not only build additional trust, but also how to communicate their business’ benefit, and increase conversions.
Best Types of Social Proofing in 2020
Whether you are selling a product or service, there is an overabundance of techniques where marketers have the chance to showcase their business’ success. The more other people like your business and show it online the better chances you have of obtaining more new business.
Some of the best social proofing models incorporate:
- Images and recommendations of past customers
- Easy to identify branded content (i.e. Logos, Posts, Images, etc)
- Case studies readily available online for potential customers to view
- Former reviews from past customers.
- Statistics on why your business benefits the customer and why they should pick you.
- Showcase awards or badges on your website
- The amount of engagement you have on social media (followers, likes, shares, etc)
- Month-over-month customer retention reports (show new business your customers truly benefit from what they are paying for)
- Publicly display your top clients and a list if they request (depending on your industry)
- Video explainers of your services is a way everybody can comprehend